Re: What I went through to dive Saturday.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DougD on March 18, 2002 at 22:12:49:

In Reply to: Re: What I went through to dive Saturday..... posted by Melvin Pasley on March 18, 2002 at 18:31:31:

I was unlocking the driver's side door of the 4Runner when I heard the awful, shocking noise...a heavy metal object impacting on asphalt followed instantaneously by a high pressure pop of compressed air. It was one of those sounds that cuts right down to the soul, kinda like nails on a chalkboard, only a much more "expensive" sounding kind of pain.

Ouch! I knew exactly what had happened even before I ran around the end of the 4Runner to confirm it with my eyes.

Glad that it wasn't my rig that just ate parking lot, I immediately felt a wave of guilt for not saying something when I saw this diver two parking spaces over standing his gear up on the tailgate of his truck and walking away.

I mean I didn't know the guy...and some people are kinda funny about things like that...take it as criticism or something.

Anyway, it blew the dive for the guy and his buddy. They had driven all the way out to Leo to do a night dive and...DOH!!! The first stage was badly damaged and I don't know how the tank valve came out.

Next time, I'll say something.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]