Re: Chamber Day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chamber Day Committee on March 31, 2002 at 15:26:49:

In Reply to: Chamber Day posted by Bob on March 31, 2002 at 09:21:54:

Bob asked: "Why do we pay donate to help the chamber , and then if we need to use it they charge us? Where does all the money go?"

Good question and one that's frequently misunderstood. Here's the short version.

The money we raise through Chmaber Day/Evening goes to the general operating costs of manning/operating our Chamber on a 24/7/365 basis. Those costs include things like staff (two paid staff), general upkeep of the Chamber, electricity, facility repair/improvements, rent/overhead to USC (since the Chmaber's part of the USC Wrigley Institute), general supplies, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. (I believer the Chmaber also covers or subsidisessome expensesof the volunteer crew.) You can learn more by visiting "www.chamberday.org" and then clicking on the link to the Chamber's home page.

It's also important to understand that these costs exists whether the Chamber treats 0 divers or 100 divers in a given year.

If you are ever treated at the Chamber, what you are billed for are MEDICAL expenses incurred as part of your treatment. These would include things like the doctor's time (and remember that most treatments are roughly 6 hours long), IVs and other medicine administered to you, perhaps air transport of the doctor from the mainland to our Chamber, and follow-up care when you're done with your Chmaber treatment.

This money is billed through the USC medical department. The Chamber does not get one penny of this, nor are any of the Chmaber's general operating costs included in this bill to you.

Hopefully that clears someof it up. Chamber Day/Eve truly is vital for the continued health and operation of our Chamber, especially in light of the closing of the Northridge chamber almost two years ago.

Hopefully we'll be able to count you as one of our Chmaber's supporters.

Ken Kurtis
Chairman, Chamber Day/Eve 2002

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]