DCS Proof Diver?

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melvin Pasley on March 31, 2002 at 20:03:44:

In Reply to: Maybe a better question is... posted by Wayne on March 31, 2002 at 16:53:03:

I fully support and agree with your answer completely. You have truely hit the nail on the head, many people belive that " I am a careful shallow water diver with years of experience and will never need a chamber for the kind of diving I do". Too many people errounsly belive that only deep divers can get DCS. They belive that their 40-60 foot dives are somehow exempt as long as they assend slowly. Of course, that is not accurate. Even careful divers who do 100% everything right, can and do get bent. When it comes to DCI and diving, the truth is, there is much that is just not yet known.

I purchased my Chamber day ticket weeks ago. Another point is that most chambers treat wounds and burns primarily (it pays the bills), and just the occasional DCS patient. The DCS patient base is, thankfully, not enough to justify a chamber in most locals including Catalina. Since the Catalina
Chamber treats ONLY DCS, it is imparative that we support it.

And when you need a chamber, you really need one near by that knows what they are doing. Delays can mean more complications.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]