Well, I think it was a cheap, grandstanding shot, in that case

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on April 30, 2002 at 21:51:30:

In Reply to: my offer stands. posted by mike on April 30, 2002 at 16:23:28:

You knew that No shop owner is goign to re-write their rules for the purpose of benefiting an unrelated charity. That being said, it was like no offer at all. Just a way of pledging a charitable contribution that you knew you would never be paid.

I mean face it. If you are that excited about geezer gas, there are many boats available every weekend that do not mind your use of it. Reef Seekers lack of support does not in any way hamper your diving choices. So what is the deal.

You either have the $600 to give in support of the chamber or you don't. Saying you would have given except for an unrelated rule at an unrelated business is just a load of crap, in my not-so-humble opinion. It is like people always being available to help in the past tense -- if they only knew of the need in time...

Don't get me wrong, I prefer geezer gas to air. I have no ties to Reefseekers and have never spent money in that store -- except for paying for my chamber day fees there. I am glad that they are willing to take the lead in organizing the event (it is so much more work that most would imagine).

So don't play games and tease a charity. Either donate your time and money to the event or not. But don't try to play games because you have an issue with a store policy that is totally unrelated to the charity. I think it really makes you look rediculous and petty.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]