Re: If Eddie is to be believed...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on May 02, 2002 at 18:39:32:

In Reply to: Re: If Eddie is to be believed... posted by Chris on May 01, 2002 at 20:08:37:

I think you're 100% right about PADI's motives and I hope you're mistaken about the outcome. That is, I hope PADI's tactics fail to silence those with a ligitimate issue. While I would have written the article Walter wrote differently (i.e. tighter), that article needed to be written. If PADI is succesful, through litigious extortion, in causing Diverlink to take down the article, issue a retraction or otherwise eat crow, that still won't necessarily prevent someone from writing a well researched and documented expose on dive training. 20/20 already did one some time back. It may in fact harden the resolve of some people to do just that to show PADI that intimidation tactics can backfire.

Let me ask you, Chris, if you received a well researched, factual and balanced report on dive training standards and quality by someone not affiliated or economically interested in any agency, would you make a permanent place for it on your site? I'm not talking about some crass rant by a lunatic with an axe to grind, but a quality piece of dispassionate journalism. Please let me know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]