Re: PADI the ten ton gorilla

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe R on May 06, 2002 at 06:57:07:

In Reply to: PADI the ten ton gorilla posted by Chris on May 02, 2002 at 18:03:21:

Nope, I have been using this handle for many years and too many people know me by that so why change it... I started as a PADI instructor.. The agency I prefer to teach classes for is ANDI.
There are alot of things I don't like about PADI - I'm especially not fond of the new OW format, I liked the old lecture driven classes. From the start there were errors in the column that should have been corrected.. I'm not defending PADI, but if I tried to get something corrected (I don't know if and when they contacted the author/website) about an incorrect comparison of a product I did and the author continued on propagating false information, I would do the same. Like I said in an earlier msg I know I sent an email outlining a few errors.

I wouldn't have a problem with any fair comparison as long as all the information is correct, the lawsuit is about false information, not a comparison.. The author if not a PADI instructor should have made the effort to contact at least 1 instructor thats current in each agency to verify information... There are so many PADI instructors out there it wouldn't have been difficult.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]