Re: I wonder how it compares to the DIR Fundamentals course.

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Medaris on May 09, 2002 at 17:31:40:

In Reply to: I wonder how it compares to the DIR Fundamentals course. posted by Eins on May 09, 2002 at 11:55:54:

DIR Fundamentals mostly teaches you how to control yourself better in the water. In other words, trim, buoyancy, fin kicks, along with some task loading challenges such as no mask, air shares, and shooting a lift bag (or all three at a time). Lecture also covers buddy-team diving procedures, communication, some general decompression theory, and of couse the famous (or infamous) equipment configuration.

I have not taken the ADP, but it looks mostly like an extension of the Usual advanced class, with rescue speciatly and a collection of other specialty classes.

The differnce is that the DIR fundamentals teaches you how to dive better, and the ADP probably teaches you more about diving. Maybe some who has had the class comment. One thing interesting to note, on the ADP page, they show a diver who appears to be on his (or her) knees doing something. That is exacly what the Fundamentals class tries to teach you not to do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]