Re: This is the best advanced diving course!

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Wetzel on May 09, 2002 at 21:49:47:

In Reply to: This is the best advanced diving course! posted by Chris on May 08, 2002 at 17:15:17:

ADP: It was the first Advance Dive Program. When the other certifications were still green. The County took it upon them self to provide further diving education. The first programs took awhile, ten months to complete. Then the county made it into a program of the format of what it is today. The other associations took the County's Program and created there advance classes. They made it shorter in hours. In the years to follow, the associations decided to to call it a "Master Diver" certification for marketing purposes. The Los Angeles Advance Diver Program is around 100 hours long. There is no other Master Diver certification that even comes close to what the County puts on. The County of Los Angeles, Department of Recreations puts on the program, with the assistance of the Los Angeles County Underwater Instuctors Association. The instructors that run the program are all volunteers. This Program supersedes other dive associations requirements.
I have taught is for many years. If your an instuctor and would like to participate and help teach and bring in some candidates in the Program. Email me at scubatomwetzel@earthlink.net
I will forward this information to the staff that will be working with the Program.

Tom Wetzel
Los Angeles County Instructor 25UICC
NAUI 4375
PADI 6753
YMCA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]