Re: Ban????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on May 12, 2002 at 17:16:47:

In Reply to: Re: Table/clarifying errors in this post posted by tecdiver on May 12, 2002 at 15:34:06:

tecdiver opined: ". . . but someone that bans Nitrox I will take with less than a grai of salt."

Interesting illogic.

Now, I could see that if you disagreed with my OPINION on nitrox you'd disagree with my OPINION on something else, given that my OPINIONS would all stem from a value system I hold to be true.

But to dismiss multiple statements of FACT (whose legitimacy can be so relatively easily ascertained) because you disgaree with my OPINION on something else, now that's a leap of illogic thateludes me.

It would be like me saying, "The sun rises in the east each day," and you saying, "I take that statemnent with a grain of salt given your position on nitrox."

And just to be clear, our position on nitrox (which seems to be always twisted by those who try to denigrate it - I doubt you truly understand it) is simply a business decision for Reef Seekers and nothing more. It doesn't affect you if you don't do business with us.

My so-called "ban" on nitrox doesn't prevent you from diving nitrox any more than my "ban" on stupidity prevents you from making idiotic posts that defy logic.

Ken Kurtis
NAUI Instr. #5936
Co-owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, CA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]