I know why you need a 95#. I can't believe you don't...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on May 14, 2002 at 15:50:00:

In Reply to: Re: OMS is fine posted by Kendall Raine on May 14, 2002 at 15:13:49:

You see, minimalistically speaking, un-named, well regarded sources -- silenced by their certifying agency -- say that they might have a catastrophic failure of their lift bag and can use that extra buoyancy (anti-weight to a true techie) to lift their similarly-overweighted buddy when his bungied wing fails. Further refinement of technique allows the techster to use a line/reel to hang below the surfaced rig (breathing through the long hose) during long deco stops necessitated by problems with the RDP on multiday trips to the tropics -- er -- uh -- I mean really deep sunken boats. This is why you want quick release plastic snaps, so you can doff the unit, float it up like a bag, and hang until a better deco model is devised. It is all so simple, I wonder whey everyone does not already know it. Maybe PADI and GUE and the rest are trying to keep us from finding out without another class... It is so scary to think of it that I might just have to stop diving in water. You know, my SP reg works fine in the living room in front of the TV watching National Geographic....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]