Re: ANYONE can do E-mails Wayne, PADI makes millions..

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on May 16, 2002 at 07:30:21:

In Reply to: ANYONE can do E-mails Wayne, PADI makes millions.. posted by Ntreally on May 15, 2002 at 17:00:43:

Once again, I say it is wrong to bash someone for doing charitable work -- even if you believe they should have done more.

I agree that PADI Americas could have / should have done more. But I do not know what other projects, if any, they support like this. If I were in charge of PADI and saw the bashing they regularly take on the 2 BBS forums that were where much of the Chamber Day information came from, I would have given nothing to anything desired by our local group. Sending emails to their database IS something of value. Probably next year it would have been easier to work their contribution up by using NAUI's generous contribution as leverage. But when the result of their limited contribution was to bring out ire, why on earth would they desire to add more money into the pot and get the same negative treatment?

I think every gift was good. No matter what the gift was, it was well received and will be useful. You said that 'anyone can do emails', well let me ask you what you did to earn money for the chamber? Not that I am really looking for a direct answer, but think for yourself what level of support you gave and what are you committed to for next year? Did you write letters to companies you know of or work for and suggest that they make a charitable contribution? Anyone can write letters. Did you volunteer your time and labor to make it happen? Anyone can provide labor. Whatever your donation was, it was well received. I thought the Chamber Day committee did a wonderful job of being gracious in that regard and that is why people and companies were willing to donate to this worthy cause. I am glad they were so gracious and I wish the local community was typically as gracious -- and generous.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]