Re: Any infor about the King Netpune in Catalina Is.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on May 23, 2002 at 14:23:30:

In Reply to: Any infor about the King Netpune in Catalina Is. posted by Sandy on May 23, 2002 at 11:48:26:

Sandy:

I dived on the Prince Neptune last October. Since then, the shop that owns it, "Scuba Luv" in Avalon, has changed ownership. Steve and Diana Maderas sold the shop along with the boats, and I don't know anything about the new owners.

The Prince Neptune is a little smaller than the King Neptune, but it is my understanding that they are managed the same. The Prince is limited to a total of six divers.

When I went out on the Prince Neptune, it was skippered by Steve Maderas, and I had a great time. We went over to Italian Gardens and dived with the Giant Sea Bass. Great boat, great crew.

Tanks and food were included, and the limited load made it easy to deal with cameras and gear.

I hope the new owners are keeping up quality that I experienced.

When considering a boat out of Avalon, make sure you ask how many divers total will be on the boat. The limited load on the Prince Neptune made all the difference between a fun and personable experience as opposed to just another cattle boat trip.

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]