Re: re: deep stops question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on May 24, 2002 at 16:01:30:

In Reply to: re: deep stops question posted by TDI_2 on May 24, 2002 at 15:03:57:

I'm not throwing stones. Yet. I asked a simple question. RDP isn't "my" model and I hardly live in a glass RDP house. I'm not defending the model relative to anything other than an accusation of flaw, failure and cover up.

You said all the US models of which you were aware were "turds." I assume by that you include Yount's and Wienke's models, as well. In those, deep stops are integral.

DCIEM tables require you to hang forever at the shallow stops in order to produce low order bubbles. Maybe one reason for the long stops is they don't clean up the bubbles deep the way bubble models do. Long stops may be less of an issue when you're in a bell, on a hose, in a hot water suit, or have other commercial diving support available, but, speaking from experience, as a sport diver you don't want to hang any longer than necessary on open circuit. Don't take my word for it, though, try it yourself sometime.

As for using tables in a class room, well, tables are all I use, and I don't dive in the class room.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]