Re: You're right, but RSD didn't do the review.......

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on May 29, 2002 at 22:42:02:

In Reply to: You're right, but RSD didn't do the review....... posted by ChrisM on May 29, 2002 at 17:38:37:

I've seen the Halcyon package deal for about $555 at Extreme Exposure and heard the occasional rumor of it going for as little as $500. Several friends tried the new Halcyon tank bands and didn't like them as much as the old ScubaPro tank bands. I'll pretty much have $550 in my rig after buying the BP, nylon webbing, and several buckles from FredT for $100, the wing for $330, the ScubaPro bands for $36 ea, and the D-rings and such for another $20. For those considering the move to BP & wings, the advantage to the FredT system comes in when you want to pick up an extra plate for warmer/colder water or when you don't want the complete Halcyon package deal. The _possible_ disadvantage is that you have to rig it yourself and you have to finish the edges yourself. I said possible disadvantage because some of us enjoy sanding edges and playing around with rigging.

I'll report back after I get a handful of dives on the BP & wings. I also bought a long hose for my primary. I don't *think* I'll ever go 100% DIR for OW/NDL diving but I like the logic behind their decisions and I'm looking forward to trying it myself and forming my own opinions.

Cheers,
Ross

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]