Shameless plug for three days exploring the Northern Channel Islands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on May 30, 2002 at 09:02:54:

Lots of dives, big fun, good food, at cost, on the Truth, in September. This would be the management summary.

Skipping the details and getting into the nitty gritty, this trip is the third in a row of trips done by (mostly) Californian divers of the RSD D2D BBS. Todd Hancock AKA NapaDiver, a detective in Napa County, is the organizer of this year’s trip to the Northern Channel Islands, departing from Santa Barbara. To keep the cost low, we want 30 divers on this trip and he who knows the Truth also knows that there is plenty of room for all.

Check out the description below, check your calendar, and if both look good and you love to dive, send your deposit to Todd.

I’m pasting Todd’s message here:

“Event: West Coast Diver 2 Diver fun trip (East Coasters welcome)
Dates: Sept. 12-14, 2002 (Thursday-Saturday)
Where: Dive Boat TRUTH (Santa Barbara) http://truthaquatics.com/truthdcal.htm
Cost: $290.00 (Assuming a full boat/30 divers)

Details: This will be a multi-day trip to the Channel Islands of the mid-California coast. The dive boat, Truth, will depart late Wednesday night (actually VERY early Thursday AM). Price includes all meals, accommodations (bunk-house-style) and 5-6 dives a day. Diving sights could include eagle rays, sea lions, sharks, and huge kelp forests. Diving should be easy and accessible to beginning divers, although there are unpredictable and often strong currents and you MUST be comfortable in your U/W navigations skills as these are unguided dives.

Deposit: I need a $100.00 deposit to secure your spot, now. The balance will be due 21 days prior to departure (August 21). Please e-mail me directly for details/questions on where to send the $$. thancock@northbayheat.org

What you need to bring: Exposure protection (full 7mm wetsuit or drysuit)
Air cylinder (just one needed, they fill between dives)
BC/Regs/Fins, etc
Warm clothes for the eve’s
BYOB
Personal pillows/sleeping bags if you want.
See above web page for more details”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]