Elk for Abs

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on June 11, 2002 at 22:23:32:

No I don't want to trade elk meat for Abs, I'm talking about going to the town of Elk to pry a few 9+ Abs. Last year at the party a group of us went down to Elk (14 miles south of Vandamme) and all of us scored all 9+ Abs. One of the guys had never even been ab diving before!
We had to park in the lot of a small elementary school and walk through the front yard of a bed & breakfast (real quiet) and decend down several long flights of stairs built onto the cliff down to a very quiet secluded cove. Once in the cove we doned our gear and finned through a long tunnel about a hundred feet long,10 feet wide with an arch shaped ceiling. We were singing and laughing as we went through listening to the echoes of the ocean and our voices. We came out into another cove that was a very protected from the ocean swells and we began diving in 15 to 25 feet of water. the kelp was thick but the abs were on top of each other. I had my limit in about 15 minutes all over 9 inches. There were no small ones to be found. I think you would have had a harder time finding an undersize one than a huge one. These were deep round ones with very thick shells.
May I suggest that we plan a dive at this spot during the party?
It would be a little far in the boat, but it only takes 20 minutes in the car.
Any thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]