Re: BSB in Lover's Cove - sort of a dive report

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Franko on June 18, 2002 at 03:32:49:

In Reply to: Re: BSB in Lover's Cove - sort of a dive report posted by Wayne on June 17, 2002 at 22:57:24:

Speaking of kids and snorkeling, on Father's Day I watched a dad and an amazingly tenacious 9-year-old son in the surf at Reef Point in Crystal Cove State Park. I had tried a freedive shortly before at Little Corona, but the vis was lousy so we drove a little down the coast so that my wife could paint and I could tidepool with my first-grader (well, soon-to-be second-grader). This dad and son come down to the water in shorties and start wading through the breakers to get their fins on. Surf was beginning to get decent-sized and so I was sure they would throw in the towel, but the kid was a real pro and hung in there. They ended up swimming out quite far along the reef. I was very impressed, as my 7-year-old needs a waveless Caribbean beach to really get going with the snorkel. The dad (also a diver) told me the son wants to get certified but he's going to wait until he's at least 12.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]