Re: Underwater Cameras

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by shirley on June 20, 2002 at 11:15:03:

In Reply to: Re: Underwater Cameras posted by Franko on June 19, 2002 at 15:33:03:

Thanks for the advice. Yes its the SL515 and it comes in a set including the camera, closeup lens, case AND strobe for $300. This is actually a birthday present for my husband. His birthday is on Saturday and I'm taking him diving. His hobbies include photography and diving so I thought this would be a perfect gift. We've only been ceritifed for a year and unfortunately, we only get to dive a few times a year. I figured an inexpensive way to go would be the best bet since we are both still working on buoyancy control, feeling comfortable in the water, and trusting eachoher as dive buddies. I looked into purchasing a Ikelite housing for his Nikon (SLR camera) but it cost of $700! Too big of an investment right now, I think.

I looked on the internet for this photo set. The cheapest I found (including the strobe) was $350. So this sounds like a good deal. I also know and trust the guy I'm buying it from. He's closing down his store and trying to get rid of everything. I guess that's why it's so cheap.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]