Fake name, fake email address....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on June 26, 2002 at 16:16:10:

In Reply to: Re: California Wreck Dismantlers! posted by CA Wreck Dismantlers on June 26, 2002 at 15:11:15:

A fellow diver asked a question about dive clubs. I extended an open invitation to her, especially because we are located in her area.

You respond with with a fake name, fake email address and a bitter negative post. How sad.

We have the local wrecks to dive because our club found many of the commonly dove wrecks through hard work and lots of money invested.

We support our rich maritime history through exploration, recovery, restoration and display. These activities are supported by the overwhelming majority of local divers.

That is why we are often guest speakers at dive clubs and dive events. That is why we are supported by the dive industry. That is why we have four of our members offering seminars at the scuba show this weekend about local wrecks. That is why some of the items at the Los Angeles Maritime Museum were donated by us. That is why the two best local wreck books were authored by our members. That is why we were provided with three booths for our displays at the scuba show this weekend. That is why I spend a lot of my free time helping documentary film makers with their research. That is why we attend the state and federal conferences to protect our rights as divers. I could go on and on and on....

If you doubt any of this, simply ask me for concrete details that you can verify on your own.

I don't see you doing any of this for the good of the sport. I didn't see you on the Yukon the three months I working in the heat of the lower decks to make sure the ship was safe for divers.I didn't see you at the recent ADC convention showing local children wreck artifact and telling them the wonderful histories of California and shipwrecks.

Why don't you respond, and use your real name. Or are you just lurker, who posts anonymously ? Heck, just shoot me a private email, which I will keep private, but I don't believe you will.

Kevin Rottner
wreck diver, and proud.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]