We have to support our local dive boats.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on July 02, 2002 at 09:31:52:

We have to support our local dive boats.

The struggling economy and ever increasing fishing regulations may be the " one two punch " that drives some dive boats out of business. Our local dive boats provide a great service to us as divers, and we need to support them, especially in the fall and winter season. And just as we support them, these boats also support us. Chamber day and pro bono search and rescue/recovery trips are just some of the ways they support us. Boat owners and Captains support us a strong local voices on dive related issues at public meeting and forums.

We are lucky to have such great boats locally. And I myself support them. Three local boats that I consider tops are the Great Escape/ Capn Tim ( the BIG boat ) , Sundiver/Capn Ray ( medium sized boat ) and Second Stage/Capn Jeff ( six pack ). Three great boats, three great captain ( who also LOVE to dive, and it shows when you are aboard )

Please support them by booking onto the open boats and considering them for charters.

Yes, I do put my money where my mouth is. I have the following charter dates myself, and you are invited to join me. All boats are going to wreck related sites. Email me for more info.

Saturday July 13 - Mr. C - local shallow wrecks of San Pedro / Long Beach

Saturday Aug 3 and Sunday Aug 4 - Second Stage - undisclosed wreck destination two dayer

Friday August 9 - Great Escape - Catalina / Valiant

Saturday Sep 7 and Sunday Sep 8 - Sundiver - San Clemete USS Gregory / USS Butler two dayer

Kevin Rottner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]