Amen brother

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on July 09, 2002 at 06:52:34:

In Reply to: Beach Diving posted by Beach Diver on July 08, 2002 at 23:36:51:

I love beach diving. I love every nook and cranny along the coast. Forget any marked dive site or any place with stairs. I see a cove or kelp bed way off the beaten path and I can hardly gear up fast enough.

Big surf ?? gear up, get in and go under it. Swim out and that surf is not a problem.

Strong current ?? use it to your own advantage. So maybe you dump your gear further down the road and then get your truck.

I charter alot of boats, and we have fun going to wreck sites, but a normal open boat going to Bird Rock or Long Point can be the same old same old.

Hey folks, you really want to understand diver attrition, then think about people gettimng up at 4 AM, mving gear at 5 AM, getting on a boat to do three sites at the pace and schedule of the boat and other divers, and paying 70 to 100 bucks for those three dives.

Sunday I woke up whenever I wanted to, drove over the hill to Malibu and dive a spectacular exciting dive off the beach. I dove pinnacles and kelp, and sandy flats and found an anchor and shot fish and collected crabs and scallops.

80 minutes under water in heaven.

Total cost - maybe 10 bucks for gas and a fill.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]