I strongly recommend it

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 09, 2002 at 21:29:28:

In Reply to: Re: Going to Catalina havent been diving in 2 years posted by Nick on July 09, 2002 at 20:47:54:

If you link up with an instructor or divemaster you will have a chance for a quick refresher and a local guide to show you things you would otherwisw miss. From a safety perspective, you cannot go wrong having a professional there to re-introduce you tothe techniques and wonders of diving. It will enhance your safety and enjoyment. If you hire one, ask to see their credentials. They shoudl be able to show you a card wth a current sticker on it (shows they have paid their professional fees) and they will also have an insurance card showing that they have a policy n place.

The reason this is important is it proves that the person you are diving with is a real, practicing, professional divemaster or instructor.

Now, how to find one. I suggest you ask the dive shops on Catalina if they have anyone or know anyone who can be hired for the task. Your Divemaster will organize the dive and handle logistics such as making sure your gear is available and setup. A good divemaster can really make a dive. When I dive in unfamiliar areas, I often hire a local divemaster -- and I am a divemaster with current sticker and insurance card. It can realy improve the joy of diving in new areas even for people who are not rusty. I hpe you enjoy the park. t is a wonderful dive area in my opinion.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]