Re: Why We Don't Teach Beach Diving (full version)

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeffro on July 10, 2002 at 16:35:43:

In Reply to: Why We Don't Teach Beach Diving (full version) posted by Ken Kurtis on July 08, 2002 at 22:19:14:

hey ken...met ya at scuba show for your talk on how to fail proof your vacation on a sunday. nice to see ya in the forum. i must say, being in so cal, beach diving is a necessity. how many of us can really afford, or have the time to go on boat dives every time when we want to go down under? i know i certainly can't. therefore, as soon as i get all my gear, a majority of my dives will be exploring the plethora of sites i have at my finger tips just a 100 yards or so offshore.

if someone is serious in becoming a good scuba diver and dive often, they most certainly should learn how to do beach dives. no question about it. if they don't want to, then that's prerogative. i'm going for my aow this weekend and we're doing 2 or 3 more beach dives from crescent bay. can't wait to jump into the waves again. although diving from a boat is a lot easier, i think i prefer beach diving because of the added difficulty. but that's just me. i'm sure there are a lot of people out there that if they've never done a beach dive in their whole life, they would feel they haven't missed a thing.

i almost have all my gear for diving and can't wait till i can come home and look forward to a dive off the beach any time i want. weather and surf permitting of course.

as with many things in life. there are many ways of doing things, and one way may not necessarilly be better than the other all the time. different strokes for different folks.

hook up with people that enjoy the same things you do and ignore what other people are doing unless of course it's hurtfull or putting people in danger. otherwise, go about your business and enjoy life.

you may or may not be a better diving having dove from the beach. it's just a matter of taste...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]