Dive Boat Criticism

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SeaUrchin on July 17, 2002 at 09:30:01:

In Reply to: Iron Eagle/accident waiting to happen posted by Larry on July 16, 2002 at 16:47:04:

Notice how the original author did not back up his claim- where did he get his info? A magic-8 ball? Do you people just make stuff up? I know of 2 diveboat captains that LOVE to spread rumors and I dont have a clue as to why.
There are plenty of dive boats I will never go on again out here for various reasons, price, unfriendly crew, lack of space, bad food, tiny bunks, etc. I'm not on here to whine and name names I'm just tired of reading the same old thing on here when posters (I wont even refer to you as divers, that has yet to be proven) sit around bashing a program, shop or boat. Why dont we talk about DIVING!! Wow! What a thought! Lets talk about conditions, dive sites, life or lack thereof. Instead I come on here and read that women who dive are ugly, the weekly rumor about the Eagle, the tired old Naui v. Padi v. SSI v. whatever. Stopping by once a week is enough to catch me up on the same old finger pointing and for what reason? Tell me, WHY did you post that in the first place? Where did you hear this rumor? What was the point? Lets talk about the boat that had the diver drift off, or about how long its been since I've seen a divemaster on a boat who treats the job as more than a cute outfit and a clipboard. Maybe I'm strange in that I think every DM on a boat should be suited up or half suited up and ready to go in the water should someone need help. I also think DMs shouldnt smoke at the gate and divers should be nice to each other instead of criticizing people who dont have the latest dive gear or may be a little nervous about getting in the water.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have many, but lets all be a little positive here. My biggest gripe about diving is that there are too many politics in diving. I just want to dive- and hopefully never with any of the yahoos who post on here.
SeaUrchin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]