Re: BBS user poll

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan on July 24, 2002 at 09:48:24:

In Reply to: BBS user poll posted by Chris on July 23, 2002 at 18:25:21:

Chris,

I'm fairly new to this board, having spent most of my past time over in rec.scuba (where life can get a little unruly at times :-).

In lurking here, without having read the FAQ, I got the impression from the postings that this was a SoCal board, for SoCal divers. As such, I expected it to be a resource for Californian *divers*, not just about California diving. Yes, most of the interest would be about local diving, but I don't think it should mean that local divers can't talk about trips they've taken outside the area, training that isn't necessarily centered here, etc., etc.

Personal attacks, profanity and abusive posts should have no place here, and I have no problem with a moderator censoring such postings. I liked the previous suggestion of having the moderator(s) give a reason why they deleted a post. You might also consider declaring threads "officially dead" when they've drifted too far off topic or are starting to get out of hand. That way you don't have to delete the entire thread, but can still keep things under control.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]