Re: BBS user poll for CB

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dawhale on July 24, 2002 at 17:42:13:

In Reply to: Re: BBS user poll posted by CB on July 24, 2002 at 13:01:32:

I do not envy the moderators on this BBS. It is or can be a vary frustrating job. I am surprised my original request as to why the Roatan thread was deleted has generated this poll. It does look like their have been some vary constructive suggestions though. I am guilty of not reading the FAQ. When this thread started I had decided to stay out of this but this is just to good to stay on the sidelines. I am for " Forced email registration “. I believe Wayne also contributed an excellent suggestion , " I also suggest that when a post is deleted, a notation be made as to the reason. Instead of just dumping an entire thread with no explanation, it would be beneficial to have some information about what happened and why. If it was for crude language, for example, it would allow the poster to decide if he/she is able to express him/herself in a more appropriate manner and try again. Instead what happens is posters accuse the editors of deleting posts because they disagree with the poster's viewpoints. " Chris I respect this is your BBS and understand you have a right to run it the way you personally see fit. I for one am willing to accept whatever conclusion you come to . dawhale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]