IMHO

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on July 25, 2002 at 08:48:31:

In Reply to: A little different Poll posted by Captain Tim on July 24, 2002 at 22:06:00:

Of my limited trips on the GE I have no complaints and no recommendations. It is a first class charter. The only thing I will never do with the GE (and most other boats) is sign up with a Sports Chalet charter again.

With that said….
Blame for just about anything aboard unfortunately gets cast way too soon and usually in the wrong direction. As we have recently stated, the Captain is ultimately responsible.
If we have a bad set of dives due to conditions, we know that it is no ones fault, however, newer divers tend to associate that to with boat. If we have a poorly run deck, (briefings, fills, sloppy diver gear…) then we tend to look toward the charter or crew. If the boat has a mechanical problem…well that would be the owner or captain and just to simplify…the boat.

Your question is nice to see. Seeking feedback is always a good thing. For your boat, I know of nothing that could be changed. Unlike a small number of other dive boats, I can’t recall anything negative about you and the charters you run. As for the shops and clubs you take out…. Those of us who are selective will manage that ourselves. You must do what you can to stay in business. Just don’t let the policy’s and procedures (or lack of them) of other charters carry over to your crew and operations.

Cheers,
Robert

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]