respond to this please...

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Just Say No on July 30, 2002 at 14:51:19:

In Reply to: Iron Eagle Slam posted by Dan Adler on July 30, 2002 at 13:18:02:

Why is it that this is the MILDEST report I've received from friends who have dived from the Iron Eagle? (below)

"My personal experience was awful. The trip itself was great - fun people, excellent diving, lots to see. The boat would be a better dive boat if it were on the bottom in about 60 feet of water...!!

They gave no boat briefing, no safety briefing, no dive site briefings. They had one divemaster, one deckhand, one cook w/ 35 divers on the boat. Those two people tried to fill tanks between dives. Many people missed dives due to their tanks not begin filled. Their procedures were non-existent. There were two captains that didn't lift a finger to help, just stood and talked to each other. Their only job was to drive the boat. Turns out they were both cruise ship captains, neither had been on a dive boat before. The boat slipped anchor several times. There was only a stern anchor to hold that massive boat in place, so the bow would swing after setting anchor. A dive briefing went something like this: "the pinnacle is thataway". Then the bow would swing 90 degrees, so by the time you jumped off the boat to start your dive "thataway" took you out to blue water.... They ran out of beds... We
went to a dive site on Santa Barbara w/ 60' vis, at least 100 juvenile sealions wanting to play, and they moved the boat back to Catalina after a single dive, taking a 4 hour bite out of a gorgeous dive day for no reason. Everyone wanted to stay at S. Barbara....!! They ballyhoo their on-deck hottub. Turns out, they filled it w/ hot water so we could use it when we first arrive. It was never functional the rest of the trip. They have "toys", underwater scooters that are for rent, with instruction. Being so short-handed, there was nobody to help anyone use these toys. Need I go on?

BUT - the diving was awesome, the people were great, and everyone had a wonderful time. Would I ever go on the boat again in this lifetime? Sure, just tell me where they sink it...!!"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]