Interesting…

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on July 31, 2002 at 09:10:48:

In Reply to: Re: Iron Eagle Slam posted by Ken Kurtis on July 30, 2002 at 23:47:57:

Interesting…

If all the bad press about this boat was not true or being fabricated by a small number of individuals, it would not have the staying power this boats history seams to have. I don’t care either way. I have never been on this boat and based on all the negative press (true or not) I can’t see booking a charter or recommending this boat. That is until more good things are said than bad.

Let this be a message to the boat owner / operators. Either address the issues with honesty and full disclosure or suffer the wrath of public ridicule. The diving industry here in Southern California is small and with that good and bad news travels very fast. Bad news faster. If a boat is getting negative press the preverbal snowball will start rolling as people begin to feed off the news. It is harder to keep bad press going than good press so if the bad press has no merit, than it should be dead by now.

I for one will wait and see what happens while I continue to charter the boats with good reputations.

Good luck.

Robert

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]