Re: OK, so now you and I know your identity....

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 31, 2002 at 10:00:00:

In Reply to: Re: OK, so now you and I know your identity.... posted by :) on July 31, 2002 at 09:34:58:

You said:
"What I am getting at is I do not see the real harm in annonymity or "sockpuppets" as long as its intended use is not to create harmful behavior."

I see your sniping at the Iron Eagle as a sockpuppet intending to create harmful behavior. If you know somehting that is a real fact that you feel is true, bring it on. But if you are simply being a rumor monger, then I am unimpressed.

If you know something and you fel it is important to share with the community, share it. If you hear a rumor and feel compelled to share it, share it identified as a rumor.

Look at Ken Kurtis' post above and you can see a classy way to do this. It clearly cuts to the core of the issue and sets up what should be some interesting revelations.

If you feel that some here do not like you and will disregard what you say or poke at your credibility because of other things you say, use a new handle but a real email address. Be consistant and upfront. Changing habits and handles is easy. But just be consistant and real.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Wayne

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]