Re: My view of Chuck's view

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI_2 on July 31, 2002 at 10:18:18:

In Reply to: Re: My view of the problem posted by Chuck Tribolet on July 31, 2002 at 08:07:09:

Size is not everything, Chuck.

To put it another way, it is a classic fallacy in Aristotelian logic to cite Augumentum ad Populorum as a basis for the validity of your argument.

To put it in kindergarten terms for you, just because you have a gaggle of 500+/- followers does not mean you have all the answers nor that you are doing it right [no pun intended].

The main strength of the board that Chuck monitors, BA_Diving, is due to some of the outstanding world class divers who post there, such as author Bruce Watkins, outgoing MBNMS diver rep David Clayton, UCSC diving director Frank Degnan, the Park Rangers at Point Lobos State Reserve, the Editor In Chief of Lonely Planet diving books, GUE instructor David Chamberlin, YMCA I/T Jesus Ruiz, and a whole slew of diving instructors from every agency who debate with each other hotly, for the benefit of the many newly certified Central California basic scuba divers.

Thats why BA_Diving has been relatively successful, and that has nothing to do with the way it is run, or monitored, or who runs it. Nice try, Chuck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]