Actually, I disagree.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on August 01, 2002 at 12:24:15:

In Reply to: Re: Have now changed my mind! posted by randy87 on August 01, 2002 at 11:43:23:

After reading the Captain's Scubaboards post, which was understandably a little bitter, I believe the issue is more open to interpretation. While Capt. Dan's posts have shown a tendency for taking the cheap shot, which does not speak well for him or any operation he oversees, if the facts are as he says and the woman who posted that very negative trip report was actually shagging the DM - who was supposed to be on watch at the time - and who was subsequently fired as result, then it certainly calls into question her credibility.

On the one hand, there is testimony by a woman with questionable motivations, someone who has no track record in terms of posting dive related information. On the other hand, you have a vastly different first-hand report given by NapaDiver, whose posts I have read for years on other boards - posts that have been fair and intelligently written.

Apart from Capt. Dan's personality, as it comes through in his posts, and his overreaction to Ken's posting of public information, if you are judging the operation based on the available reviews, the favorable one wins out. Obviously there are those around (like "Smiley Face") who have issues with Capt. Dan and his operation, maybe they have good reasons, but I still haven't heard them. Am I going to rush out and book a charter on the Eagle? Not likely; but after this, I'll try to at least keep an open mind about her.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]