Re: Best/Worst Stories

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on August 04, 2002 at 14:46:34:

In Reply to: Best/Worst Stories posted by Ken Kurtis on August 02, 2002 at 11:43:50:

There are two I cann't seperate. 1a: Cathedral Cove, Anacapa, dive 2: my buddy and I were first in. We dropped down and started to move around a large bolder, when Dave signaled me to stop, then move forward slowly. As I came around him, there was a large batray feeding on the bottom. I slowly creeped out from behind the rock, and tiptoed on my fingers until I was around the other side of him. Dave and I set there for about 10 minutes watching him feed, occasionally blowing sand from his gill. Finally, he lifted up, blewout the last bit of sand, turned on his left wingtip, and faded off into the blue. Perfect! 1b was a dive on underwater island, (anacapa). 15 min into the dive, I felt a tap on the back of my head. Turned to see what Dave wanted, but he was about 15ft away, busy taking a pic. As I looked around, a sealion buzed me, then another and another. I got Daves attention, and as I pointed following the sealions, off in the distance there was a large black swirling mass. As it moved closer, we could tell it was a pod of about 50 sealions. We headed up to the top of underwater island, where the other divers had congregated, and sat back for the show. There was so much action it was almost impossible to take a picture. screams of joy could be heard, along with the barks of the sealions. Fantastic!
Worst experience: The Sundiver (old management). Had a 4 hr drive to get there, and was told I could stay on board overnight. GOt there, and it was locked up. The owners safety person was his non diving/ non swimming girlfriend. We had to argue with him to get tanks filled. Lots of other problems.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]