Interesting article / advertisement for PADI SCUBA Training.

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on August 05, 2002 at 09:00:28:

This was emailed to me from the Outdoors Club Mailing list. It is the first time in years that this group that talks about backpacking, hiking, camping, rock climbing and so on is now advertising SCUBA and with 4 Days of training and one can be considered a competent Scuba Diver.

-Robert

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Club Members:

The following event has been planned in your area from 10/12/2002 to 10/12/2002

Region : California
Event title : Learn To SCUBA Dive + PADI Openwater Certification
Description :
Hi ALL!

There are so many adventures under the ocean, and I'm ready to learn to SCUBA, so lets get started!

There will be 4 Sessions on Saturdays or Sundays Depending on what day is best to those signed up (Or perhaps both if we get enough people), begining at 10 AM and going until 7pm. Now this may seem like a long time, but do the math... 4 saturdays = Lifetime of SCUBA! Well Kinda... you may need to brush up in 10 years.

The Sessions will be held at:

DOLPHIN DIVE CENTER
21 W. DUARTE RD.
ARCADIA, CA. 91007

I've reserved the center for the Outdoors Club and no other groups will be there at our time!

The Diving Lessons will run Outdoor Club Members $219, so start saving now!!!

I will need a $50 Deposit by October 1st! This is so that I can give the center confirmation that I will have x number divers training so they can staff enough instructors for us. If you will have trouble getting the deposit to me by that time, let me know, we'll work it out. The $50 is fully refundable until October 6th. After that, the center keeps it. The rest is due at the time of lesson. If you need to make a deposit done through a credit card, that’s no problem!

Here is what you will get for your fees:

Lectures
Pool Sessions Training
Four (4) Ocean Training Dives
Complete Scuba Rental Equipment, Certification Fees and Card

What you will need to purchase before hand for health-protection and other reasons:
Mask + Snorkel
Booties
Fins
Gloves
Textbook (At dive School)
I'll email everyone a list of certified models and brands.

PADI Certification: To be considered competent Scuba Divers. The PADI Openwater Certification is recognized internationally at all Diving Location throughout the world.

The Dolphin Dive Center is a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Center, the Highest rating that a PADI offers for an Instructional Center. All equipment stocked and used by the center is Prime Quality gear.

If you have any questions, please let me know! I'm kamadori_sama@yahoo.com or 626-253-4952

Send the deposit to (Cash Check Money Order Written to Robert V. Huizar):

Rob V. Huizar
11113 Walnut St
El Monte, CA 91731-3233

And send a nice note saying "HI"

If you need to use a credit card, please Email or Call me.

Thank you,
Rob H!

Level : Beginning
Number of spots : 30

Event Coordinator :

Name : Rob Huizar
Email : kamadori_sama@yahoo.com
Phone : 626-253-4952

Click here to sign up for this event
Or
You can signup for this event by accessing the following link :
http://www.outdoorsclub.org/Calendar/Calendar_New.asp?Region=100&RegionName=California&date=10/12/2002&TripID=1766

To unsubscribe from the Outdoors Club mailing list, simply fill out the form on the following page: http://www.outdoorsclub.org/unsubscribe

Thank you for your interest in the Outdoors Club
http://www.outdoorsclub.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]