Re: OUTLAW SPEARFISHING

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mikey on August 06, 2002 at 12:19:50:

In Reply to: Re: OUTLAW SPEARFISHING posted by george on August 06, 2002 at 11:29:18:

Lets outlaw all the fish, lobster, etc.. in the super markets!

Lets outlaw driving cars, they kill to many animals on the road!

Don't punish all us spearfisherman for the idiots doing this disgusting act. We do not need more laws, divers/hunters need to police themselves.

Stop blaming the individual spearfisherman. Hell, it could be a non-spearfisherman, spearing the black sea bass, maybe someone trying to influence local officals(ever think about that).
I take only what I need, yes I eat them. I follow all guide lines set by CA DF&G.
If the current laws would just work, things could and should get better. Individuals caught need to be punished, not slapped on the wrist. Start taking away their prized possessions, i.e., vehicles, gear, and pay fines/jail time, this will start opening eyes.

Ever wonder where and how the fish you eat are caught? Many species are killed and thrown back in the sea, you never hear about that part. Ever wonder why, fish are becoming scarce near shore, (sewage and pollution). Would you want to walk in crap all day long. No I do not think so, you would find a cleaner area. Get it!

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]