Here is what I do

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Shaw on August 08, 2002 at 19:40:01:

In Reply to: Beach entry question..... posted by Starfish [now the one and only :)] on August 07, 2002 at 20:51:45:

Here is what works for me...

I found that practicing putting my fins lying on my back in my living room with my eyes shut tought me the whole thumbpull-strapstreatch thing. I probably did it dry a dozen times. It's like practicing a scale on a musical instrument. It gets so famillar that you no longer are making decisions, but reacting to somthing you have already done.

Then I have a strap clip on my BC that holds my fins while I enter. I use it for the trip back to the car.

Then at surfside I hold my mask with no air in my BC. I go under ALL waves past waist high.
All the whitewater goes over the top. Remember you don't have to come up for air.

Then past the surf zone, still underwater I do the living room drill. I don't have to wory about falling over and losing my balance like I do on the beach.

With practice the whole thing takes seconds. Then I am bobbing around watching the folks on the beach still doing the "K" stance.

Works for me, none of my dive buddies seem to agree. (sigh)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]