Don't justify usury... It's beneath you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on August 13, 2002 at 14:50:04:

In Reply to: Re: Ask him about PST tanks posted by tecdiver on August 13, 2002 at 10:53:34:

Hmm, I live in the backwaters of the diving world, and my local dive shop gets absolutely raped on shipping tanks (and he's got a high markup anyway, but that's economics). And he can still manage to get those tanks at 2/3rds the price. I've had prostrate exams that were more pleasant than trying to buy stuff from UH. When you combine the insane prices with the customer abuse, I'm dumbfounded they stay in business.

Ask around (I have) and just about everyone I've talked to has said the same thing. You get absolutely raped on price buying anything in there, but if you need it odds are they've got it, probably in stock.

I had a horrific experience there, and I won't ever even attempt to do business there again. If I really want to be insulted I'll go hang out with the High School kids; at least they're good at it. I'm not saying it's a bad shop, I'm saying I had a bad experience there. You obviously like the place, and more power to you.

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]