Don't forget:

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on August 14, 2002 at 12:43:55:

In Reply to: dive report: Sea Divers trip to the Moody Wreck and Oil Rig Eureka posted by Chris on August 13, 2002 at 22:27:42:

We all took only pictures

We all left only bubbles

and NO scallops committed suicide by jumping out of their shells into the deep blue yonder only to land in some bag on the way down.

It was a good day. I got narced all to s**t for a second or two, but straightened that out and procedded to take pix of nudibranchs and stuff. There was a lot of neat little macro-stuff on the Moody to photograph, some of which i hadn't seen before. The divers in the water showed skill; i didn't see anyone careening out of control WRT buoyancy or bashing the structure on the bow swim-through. The clouds of blacksmith were awesome on the rigs. As soon as i dipped my head underwater i could see them and the school looked positively enormous. We even had a nice bait ball of 'chovies go shimmering by.

BT Moody -13 min on 28% 'trox, 141 FSW max (only hung around the bow) depth. Ascent to 20' with 2 min Pyle stops at 70 & 35 fsw was about 10 min for a total dive time of 40 min- used up only half my gas.

BT rigs, 50 min, mostly at 56 FSw on 2nd cross members, dipped to 72 FSW /w/ 24% 'trox. Went home & did some chores, then went out for coffee & also felt good the next day. The Sea Divers are a good group.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]