Dive Reprot or My most Unforgetfull dive. (a good laugh).

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melvin on August 14, 2002 at 22:54:36:

Today I went diving at Malaga around 5:15pm or so. Visibility was 10-15 in font of the pool at 8 feet and around 20 feet went to about 10 foot or less. Seas were calm and it was a good dive, with lots of juvinal fish spotted. The Garibaldi were on heavy patrol and were litteraly getting in our face. A very calming and plesant dive. After today, I needed it. Keep reading.

Now for inforation on the dive. Hectic morining with an offer on one of my listings (Yes I own a real estate company)and me trying to get away midweek for a dive. Long Story short, left a little late and with my dive buddy drove to Malibu, had lunch and then went to the dive site and put together my BC, tank and Regulator. Now to slip into my wetsuit which had just come back from being repaired. The same wetsuit that was still laying on the bed at home. But thats ok, I happen to still have the rental suit I was using while it was gone to the shop. It was also at home hanging in the bathroom shower. So with no wetsuit (and the waves about 3-4 feet with long lulls between sets) We reluctanly went back to my home (Lakewood, only about 60 miles, one way) to get the wetsuit.

Quick dash in and out, and we will salvage at least one instead of the two planned dives for the day. Drove to Malaga Cove as it was closer and with the swell out of the South, more diveable. Everything went fine, Put my BC together and suited up. Now where is my mask? Thats right still haning in the dry rack in the bathroom. Fortunatly, my dive buddy had a spare and we made the dive. Not my usual style, but it was just one of those days. Thought you all would enjoy the laugh at my expense.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]