FTR I will continue to go to the Moody and banks.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim on August 16, 2002 at 16:57:03:

In Reply to: Re:Sorry, Tim posted by Kendall Raine on August 16, 2002 at 11:06:12:

FTR I will continue to go to the Moody, Ship Rock, Matterhorn, Osborne, Tanner, Farnsworth, and Cortez Banks. I am as disappointed as you Kendall that you have made a call without knowing what happened. The person who dove with a 50 has dove with me for years, and is highly experienced. I did not see a problem with her making the dive and neither did the DM, who happened to be JW. She made about a 10-minute dive and came back with more than ½ of her air left.
I think this is one of the topics that will go on forever: taste better, less filling. Tonight I am going to Begg Rock. I am a little worried about this one. Have you ever been there, or anchored on it? I drop the anchor about 100 feet away from a boiler, in about 70' and usually the back of the boat is in about 180'. At least the Moody has a bottom.
The diving community has the right to dive where they want, with in reasons of course. Now that is in the eye of the beholder. As the beholder, I do not see a problem. Now the oil rigs scare me to death. I have very few charters there and intend on keeping it that way.
Tim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]