Re: West Marine meeting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on August 17, 2002 at 16:24:44:

In Reply to: Re: West Marine meeting posted by Curious on August 17, 2002 at 14:20:28:

In all fairness to the UA, Tom said that at one point in time they supported the '18%' proposal, but that somehow turned to mush, i don't know the particulars. But i do know that they are fighting against what i consider to be an effective and meaningful percentage of viable habitat.

I can't help but view this situation from the perspective of 20-30 years from now. I'm just a forgotten soul who tries to represent those who will come after us...

I know THEY will lament our failures to share the beatuy when we had the chance...

if there is one thing i have learned from all of the nights on those god forsaken, desolate seas, it is the perspective of time...

we are all just tiptoeing between heartaches in our personal lives...

i yearn for a era of enlightenment when we realize that we have a moral obligation to those who, just like you and i, will want to see the beauty (as much as can be retained).

They have that right, they just don't have a voice.

Our generation has seen the biggest and the best that OUR waters will ever have to offer, now is the time for us to show some grace~

Brad

(loves the sea)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]