Re: Hey Tim

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JD Williams on August 18, 2002 at 10:07:24:

In Reply to: Re: Hey Tim posted by Kendall Raine on August 18, 2002 at 01:06:34:

This is an interesting debate you both have going on. I appreciate your concern for safety and training, however this is America where freedom & liberty is our motto. As long as you have the experience and sign the waiver this dive belongs to whoever wants to make it. I have over 1000 dives, I have dove the wrecks of Bikini Atoll, Guadacanal, and Truk Lagoon. I have never received any formal training beyond my openwater certification 23 years ago. My experience and comfort level is what make's me qualified, not the punch your ticket follow me mentality I am reading here. Is someone going to give me a written test to see if I am qualified, who is going to police this standard. Who wants to take on the responsibility of determining who is and is not qualified. I hate that not a day goes by someone else is passing laws or trying to limit or tell me what I can or cannot do. I say if you want to dive this wreck and your think your up to the task...let'em dive. Let freedom rule baby!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]