Liberty Update

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on August 19, 2002 at 20:42:33:

In Reply to: What happened to the Liberty Boat ? posted by Timred on August 19, 2002 at 19:01:17:

Last year during the haul-out the Captain for the last 12 years (Captain Al) took a job with the US NAVY. As a result of that the owners sought out a new Captain.
The Old crew is as follows:

Captain Al – Driving Boats for the NAVY

John – (The Not so old guy that ran the deck for 10 years) passed away a few months ago from a rather short bout with Leukemia. He was the best Dive Master, Friend and father anyone could ever want.

Kevin – Working as the Second Captain and DM on the Peace.

Robert (Me) doing more diving since I am not Diving Mastering the Liberty every weekend. However, I miss my weekend job and am looking for a new one. I occasionally work the Sea Bass and book the same boat for Wreck trips.

Lee – After a short trip Abroad he is back in town and last time I heard he was working for Ventura Dive and Sport.

Kirk – Teaching surfing in Costa Rica

The Tradition that gained the Liberty the reputation it once had for over 12 years is gone; it is now up to the new Captain and crew to build a new tradition. I wish them god speed and offer any as stance they would like to ask for.

robert moriarity
robert@moriaritys-nospam.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]