Liberty Update

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on August 19, 2002 at 20:42:33:

In Reply to: What happened to the Liberty Boat ? posted by Timred on August 19, 2002 at 19:01:17:

Last year during the haul-out the Captain for the last 12 years (Captain Al) took a job with the US NAVY. As a result of that the owners sought out a new Captain.
The Old crew is as follows:

Captain Al Driving Boats for the NAVY

John (The Not so old guy that ran the deck for 10 years) passed away a few months ago from a rather short bout with Leukemia. He was the best Dive Master, Friend and father anyone could ever want.

Kevin Working as the Second Captain and DM on the Peace.

Robert (Me) doing more diving since I am not Diving Mastering the Liberty every weekend. However, I miss my weekend job and am looking for a new one. I occasionally work the Sea Bass and book the same boat for Wreck trips.

Lee After a short trip Abroad he is back in town and last time I heard he was working for Ventura Dive and Sport.

Kirk Teaching surfing in Costa Rica

The Tradition that gained the Liberty the reputation it once had for over 12 years is gone; it is now up to the new Captain and crew to build a new tradition. I wish them god speed and offer any as stance they would like to ask for.

robert moriarity
robert@moriaritys-nospam.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]