Re: A Plug for Sub-Surface Progression Dive Shop in Fort Bragg, CA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 25, 2002 at 21:15:16:

In Reply to: A Plug for Sub-Surface Progression Dive Shop in Fort Bragg, CA posted by Mark on August 25, 2002 at 12:29:55:

Sub Surface is my favorite shop up on the coast.
Once when I went to Albion with Matt and a friend of his, the friend rented some gear from a shop in Santa Rosa (that shall remain nameless) and they forgot to put a low pressure inflator on the BC that he rented. In a hurry, he took it for grantd that everything was there and skipped the gear check. Well needless to say he missed the first dive. While Matt and I were out, he went to Sub Surface and they totally hooked him up. He got a brand new BC as rental and they only charged him 5 bucks. Later when we went back to return the BC, Matt needed an inflator for his Seaquest BC and they had a spare that they just gave him... "here you go, take it."

During my party a bunch of us went up there to get air fills. Dale had an old air card with 4 fills left on it and the fills were $2 (air card price). They filled all my tanks for the same price. They didn't have to do that, but it was a nice gesture. No way would you have gotten that in Santa Rosa. I bought over $2000 worth of equipment in S.R. and he wouldn't even through in a dust cap for my tank. Even worse, 3 days later the $600 BC I bought went on sale for 30% off and he made no mention of it.

Sub Surface rules!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]