dont forget the 3rd reason too

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI_2 on August 26, 2002 at 11:06:14:

In Reply to: Mask Displacement posted by Chris Knight on August 23, 2002 at 16:22:49:

If your mask gets stepped on, in the boat, before your dive, and the lens seal becomes cracked, it will leak, and as you dive the leaking can get worse. You wont know, until youre down, about the leak.

If you always have a spare mask with you, then you will have an easy solution available whenever:

1) your mask gets kicked off by someone else
2) your mask gets knocked off by something else
3) your mask gets pulled of by someone trying to teach you a lesson
4) your mask starts to leak while you are diving.

I have experienced the bad leak.

Otherwise, regarding kicking it off, I had an SSI OWSI try to knock my mask off during a night dive. He did several 45^ sharp turns, kicking really hard to prove it can be done. He did not manage to do it, although I did almost get a bloody nose a couple of times.

He stayed on the shore during the next class, basic nitrox, and after that I switched to TDI for additional tech training. So I didnt have to worry about him kicking my mask off after that. But I got the point, and got the spare mask afterall.

Hopefully you will get the point as well. A spare mask only costs another $45 or so, and it fits quite comfortably in your left B/C pocket or else in its own attaching pouch to your B/C.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]