Re: If I were you

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maciek on September 09, 2002 at 17:56:56:

In Reply to: Calling All Divers! posted by newbie on September 09, 2002 at 17:27:38:

I wouldn't go for a bundle deal. Especially with one brand. Various companies manufacture good products, but they rarely do everything from A to Z in same quality range. TUSA is not really high in any of my private rankings. I suggest you check the selection of items they have in each category - I think you have biggest choice when it comes to dive bag. I wouldn't want my reg to be manufactured by "divebag company". Do you know what algorithm is their dive computer using? Does it incorporate latest findings about deco theory? Did you search the web to find if their regs got some bad press last year? Did you check Rodales: www.scubadiving.com for gear reviews?

If I were you I would stick to rentals for a moment and gather some knowledge and try as much gear as I can in water to figure out my own preferences, and pick each piece of you gear separately. And most importantly try it out before buying. You will pay twice if it doesn't fit or is a piece of crap.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]