You are asking a bunch of gear snobs, you know.

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 09, 2002 at 19:56:20:

In Reply to: Calling All Divers! posted by newbie on September 09, 2002 at 17:27:38:

I have a thing for my old beat up ScubaPro regulator. I love my Cressi Sub BC more than any other one I have used in umpteen years. I fell in love with it when I test dove it.

When I buy gear, I try it to see if I like it. You should do the same, but this does require visits to dive shops.

You say you are a newbie. Well as a newbie, how many kinds of gear have you played with? I am not a newbie and I still try before I buy. I suggest you do the same. Rent lots of kinds of gear and see what you like. There are some interesting gear types such as backplate/wings which you will see mentioned here quite often. Why would you buy a jacket style BC without trying the kind of gear that so many experienced divers use? And you should also try ones like my Cressi Sub which combines the best of both, IMHO.

Do not rush to blow your money. Try gear and get expereince. There is so much in the way of gear types and styles. That is because divers are individuals and do not believe that one size fits all. Each is considered to be the best by a segment of the diving community. You need to figure out what is the best fit for you and your style of diving.

Dive a lot and start checking out dive shops and see which one(s) make you feel at home. While on dive boats or on group beach dives, look at the gear the other divers have and ask them what they like and dislike about thier gear. Then try it before you buy it.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]