You are scaring me!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 25, 2002 at 09:56:09:

In Reply to: I'll go with you Email me posted by Shirley on September 24, 2002 at 21:19:07:

Ok, so I do not know you and do not know your experience and comfort level. But that does not stop me from butting in here.

I think being a buddy on a lobster dive is much more risky that a non hunting night dive. You will note that many believe that it is better to hunt alone. Diving solo is not to be taken lightly and solo diving at night is even worse. Having buddies concentrating on looking in cracks and around rocks makes it much harder to pay attention to each other and it is almost like being solo if you are a hunter's buddy.

I STRONGLY recommend that you do your first night dives with a real buddy who will be enjoying a buddy dive with all the pleasures that go along with sightseeing in pairs.

Diving at night is beautiful thing. But if you are not comfortable with it, it can be frightening. When things go wrong, it has its own unique problems.

If you cannot find a highly experienced night diver to buddy up with, I suggest you join a club and do club dives to gain the comfort before doing a bug dive. South Coast divers does them and I recommend them highly. I did a dive with them last year and they impressed me as a great group and Rich is very Safety Minded and makes sure that everyone has fun.

OK now I will get off my soapbox.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]