Re: extra gear & EBAs & team diving

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on September 25, 2002 at 14:17:16:

In Reply to: Re: extra gear & EBAs & team diving posted by Karl S. on September 25, 2002 at 13:45:07:

Wow. Sorry I asked. I made the mistake of taking you seriously. I won't do that again. Polemics are a bore and that's largely what your response was.

I'm not sure why the hard on for GUE, but there's nothing technical or exclusively GUE about buddy/team diving. I never suggested that just as I never mentioned GUE. The questions I asked weren't loaded. You know my perspective, but the questions were as valid as they were innocent and stand on their own.

You also didn't address why EBA's are worth the risk if ESA's are as inherently risky as you say.
Doing them in a pool, as opposed to 25 feet of water, is certainly less risky, true. I like the idea of simulating an OOA. But you can do this in the context of seeking to share air rather than blowing to the surface. Blowing to the surface is instinctual and should really be taught (read untaught) in the context of what they are-last-ditch-no-other-choice solutions. I don't get the impression most people teach them that way. You're welcome to set me straight on that.

As for pony's, the question I asked was why mandate pony's for entry level divers-your proposal-rather than overteach gas management and air sharing drills. You didn't address this question except by suggesting I'd lost the ability to think for myself. Thanks a lot. For someone who doesn't know me, you take much for granted.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]