Re: Are computers Really Safe?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by c2cDiver on October 01, 2002 at 23:51:50:

In Reply to: Re: Are computers Really Safe? posted by seahunt on October 01, 2002 at 13:41:15:

I've seen many problems with the 'new' computers. I have an EDGE. I purchased it when it was new. I kept me out of the chamber, and I feed it a new 9V battery before every extended dive trip. It never ran out of cheap (as opposed to DCS treatment) batteries, and kept me safe. I probably have 1000 dives on the the EDGE. I love the quick glance display. I now have a new DiveRite computer, because I use Nitrox whenever I have the chance. I still bring along the EGDE (or I'd have to put on two extra pounds of lead). With 200 nitrox dives, I've only bent the EDGE twice, but ever so slightly. I find the 'new' computer way more conservative. Which is a good thing.

There were many times I want to stay a little longer or just one more dive. But, it I decide to trust my life in the EDGE or in DiveRite, I have to buy into the whole program and do exactly what it tells me to do. And never think it wasn't adding correctly.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]